This virtual short course will prepare you and your company to comply with the US Securities & Exchange Commission’s (SEC’s) new rules on reporting exploration results, mineral resources, and mineral reserves. Regulation S-K 1300 replaces Industry Guide 7 as the standard for reporting exploration results, resources and reserves on January 1, 2021. Are you ready for this change?
This course provides training for geoscientists, engineers, and other professionals who would be involved in preparing mining property disclosure contained in annual reports and other disclosures. Learn:
- The compliance schedule for this new rule
- Disclosure obligations for the entire company as well as for each site
- To prepare complaint technical reports as well as information and supporting documentation to support disclosure of exploration results, mineral resources and mineral reserves
- To act with the highest professional and ethical standards when preparing disclosures as a qualified person
- To limit your professional liability
- Instruction: August 3-6, 2021 – 9:00 am – 1:30 pm US Central Time daily
- Course project presentations: August 13, 2021 9:00-11:00 am US Central Time
Note: Our payment gateway only accepts Visa credit cards issued in the US or Canada. You can pay by check or wire transfer by selecting the “invoice” payment option during registration.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Report exploration results, mineral resources, and mineral reserves per S-K 1300; and
- Act with the highest professional and ethical standards when reporting exploration results, mineral resource, and mineral reserves.
This virtual course is a combination of traditional lectures, interactive exercises and discussions, and group projects.
|Day||Session||US Central Time||Topic|
|1||1||9:00 – 11:00 am||Overview of S-K 1300 Framework|
|2||11:30 am – 1:30 pm||S-K 1300 Definitions|
|2||1||9:00 – 11:00 am||QP Definitions & Responsibilities|
|2||11:30 am – 1:30 pm||S-K 1300 Technical Studies|
|3||1||9:00 – 11:00 am||Technical Report Summary Format|
|2||11:30 am – 1:30 pm||Summary Disclosure Obligations|
Individual Disclosure Obligations
|4||1||9:00 – 11:00 am||Individual Disclosure Obligations|
Internal Control Disclosure Obligations
|2||11:30 am – 1:30 pm||Introduction to Course Project|
Introduction to EDGAR Research
|5||1||9:00 – 11:00 am||Group Project Presentations|